Monday, February 20th

Monday in New York started with shopping, for her, it was shoes and a sale skirt. For me, it was a visit to the legendary B & H photo, the above picture is walking near there with the empire state building up the street
The afternoon brings disappointment to us at the Neue Gallery. We thought we would be enjoying a new gallery. We have visited the MOMA and Metropolitan on many previous occasions. The attraction for us particularly to the Neue is that they own a fair number of Gustav Klimt paintings something which we both like. When we arrived we were surprised at discovering a 45 minute line to get in which we waited out. Entry fees and waiting in wind and chill later, we discover that the special exhibit of a tortured artist has displaced all Klimts from the gallery walls, and that the long wait was due to that showing's last day.
In the afternoon, I did finally get to go to ZABAR'S where I had a great crab bisque, and sandwich while Linda enjoyed Matzo ball soup and a genuine spinach knish. I always remember a bit of "classical rap" that has a reference to this place.
In our new found tradition of staying up late, Linda and I spent the after hours doing fafsa's and CSS profiles until our eyes got crossed. It's amazing what you can do with a computer on the move, I guess it was a bit of taking our work with us, but it had to be done at some point, and our finishing it turned out to be very timely all around.

Monday in New York started with shopping, for her, it was shoes and a sale skirt. For me, it was a visit to the legendary B & H photo, the above picture is walking near there with the empire state building up the street
The afternoon brings disappointment to us at the Neue Gallery. We thought we would be enjoying a new gallery. We have visited the MOMA and Metropolitan on many previous occasions. The attraction for us particularly to the Neue is that they own a fair number of Gustav Klimt paintings something which we both like. When we arrived we were surprised at discovering a 45 minute line to get in which we waited out. Entry fees and waiting in wind and chill later, we discover that the special exhibit of a tortured artist has displaced all Klimts from the gallery walls, and that the long wait was due to that showing's last day.
In the afternoon, I did finally get to go to ZABAR'S where I had a great crab bisque, and sandwich while Linda enjoyed Matzo ball soup and a genuine spinach knish. I always remember a bit of "classical rap" that has a reference to this place.
In our new found tradition of staying up late, Linda and I spent the after hours doing fafsa's and CSS profiles until our eyes got crossed. It's amazing what you can do with a computer on the move, I guess it was a bit of taking our work with us, but it had to be done at some point, and our finishing it turned out to be very timely all around.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home